Hello World , just out of bed and I am slowly sipping my ever so wonderful , even magical , first cup of coffee from my favourite South Park mug . Is not the transition into full wakefulness ameliorated and made more comfortable by a mug of steaming , aromatic java .
The view from my window reminds me of my usual first chore of my new day : feed my pals , the crows .
There they are ; sat on my garden fence , hopping around in expectation of food delivered free by the two legged life - form , that`s me .They keep better time than any mechanical clock .
Making up their food , on automatic , my mind wonders and ponders on all things crowish :
Crows,wonderful crows.I`ve been feeding them for years.Quite a few generations have shared my food with me,bringing their young each season or so to say “hello” to the human they have checked-out for years.Took me an age of feeding them before they would allow a catching of my eye,and not noisily head for the trees. I sometimes ponder who runs this cross species relationship.They sit an my fence at the same time each day and caw for attention.If tardiness takes my time then they will caw in union,drawing closer to my house door.Life reaches out to life.The responsibility for my actions is understood and,so far,is still enjoyed.Crows love cheese;dripping and bread, and oily fish. I wonder how they see me: a gourmet god or a slave and patsy.Does it matter.
They get the food and live as Corvine kings,I receive their tolerance and tentative acceptance.Service keeps my feet on the ground while they fly free and high above my human world.It is so good to see.I envy the wild and untamed crows
No comments:
Post a Comment